MiT has had SO MUCH going on, we haven’t even had time to update our website! So what have we been up to?
- We went to Black Girls Rock: One Mic at the Kennedy Center, where we saw MC Lyte, Lauryn Hill and more!
- We had amazing seats at a Nationals Game and enjoyed a Plain White T’s concert after the game.
- We had a sleepover at The Ritz where we learned about etiquette from a wonderful teacher, tried on prom dresses donated to us by Howard University’s Fashion Law Week and Womble Carlyle, and we tried on accessories and handbags donated by Andrea’s Beau!
- We worked in a community garden in Columbia Heights, planted our own plants and made a Caprese salad fresh from the garden!
- We have been studying for the SAT every Sunday afternoon with a very dedicated volunteer and our incredibly hard working girls.
- We attended the US Science and Engineering Festival where our founder, Kat, spoke on two panels and the girls were able to explore careers in STEM!
It’s been an amazing few months!